Based in Warsaw, Poland
November 7th; 2018
Wreck and ride in a visceral and ground-breaking evolution of the 2.5D action arcade genre, fusing destructive, octane-fuelled, motorbike combat and death-defying stunt gameplay, set in a visually stylised retro future world. Switch between four unique characters as you wreak havoc! Become one of the Steel Rats, a biker gang sworn to protect their city against an invading army of alien robots - Junkbots. Wreck and ride through hordes of enemies, switching between four unique characters as you wreak havoc with the ultimate killing machine; your flame spewing, saw bladed, motorcycle. Ride in style through the retro futuristic world of Steel Rats. Set in an alternate version of 1940’s USA, gear up and mount your chromed stallion and save Coastal City from the invading horde of Junkbots. Your motorcycle is your weapon designed to crush your enemies in awesome and stylish ways whilst traversing up, down left and right, over rooftops and through enemy-infested tunnels.
Steel Rats was naturaly concieved out of the ideas circulating in the dev team. We used our experience with Urban Trial series and tried to create something new out of motorcycle themed games. We added a bit of combat, mixed it with retrofuturistic setting and... here you go. Steel Rats was announced in Q3 2017 for release on PlayStation 4, XBOX One and on PC. Since reveal Tate Multimedia started promo campaign of the title. We've been to major gaming fairs in the industry like PAX East and West, EGX Rezzd, Game Connection to showcase our game to the players and media, gather feedback and press.
- Unique level design shaped by gameplay based on combination of combat, platforming and riding a bike.
- Story to experience, Secrets to find.
- 4 characters
- 28 levels
- 84 upgrades
- Motorbikes with different characteristics
- Stylized and unique graphics
Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Story Trailer YouTube
Making of: Real Life Screamer Robot from Steel Rats YouTube
Dev Diary : Steel Rats Origins YouTube
Announcement Trailer YouTube
There are currently no screenshots available for Steel Rats. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Gameplay Award" Game Connection America 2018
- "Best Gameplay Award" Pixel Heaven 2018
- "It looks like meets Mad Max meets Max Dirt Bike: you ride a motorcycle through 2D levels, swerving between lanes to avoid obstacles, kill robots and hit sweet jumps. (...) also use your front wheel to swerve mid-air and change your direction, which is just what you need to stick a cool-guy backwards landing after making something explode. "
- Austin Wood, PC Gamer
- "Activating your blade-wheel in midair also looks to act as a lunging attack, allowing you to alter your trajectory in mid-air. If nothing else it looks mechanically interesting, and I’d rather try something unusual and fresh than yet another nigh-identical precision platformer patterned after Super Meat Boy."
- Dominic Tarason, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Once in a while, there is a developer that wants to deviate from the established genres and try out something new (...) 2.5D action arcade platform game, and it's all about motorcycles and robots"
- Marco Vrolijk, Gamereactor
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Rat's Nest - blog
About Tate Multimedia
Tate Multimedia S.A. is a Poland-based international independent developer (INDIE AA) and game publisher. Studio maintain close partnerships with major players in sector: Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. Company is publishing games on all major platforms, and developing an exclusive titles. In the past Tate Multimedia developed license-based games for major publishers in Europe (Koch Media, Atari), but now team is focusing on developing their own brands. Studio operates according to the “house of ideas” model on an everyday basis, which means no idea is off the table allowing developers to have the creative freedom to continually seek new, daring, and even risky projects.
More information on Tate Multimedia, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Steel Rats Credits
Head of Studio